Sunday, December 16, 2007

Dbrovnik!

I thought working Friday nights at Starbucks store 33037 at Ka'ahumanu Center in Maui was madness. While there would be a consistent line (and sometimes a line out the door even at closing time), most people would clear the lobby so that they could peruse the mall. I'm counting twenty-five no, now over 35 Russian teenagers in the store at Div and 2nd in Spokane this fine Sunday night. And that doesn't take into account the number of kids who have come through or who are standing outside the door, smoking their cigs. But they really are quite fascinating. I've been a few conversations with some of them and whenever a new person comes to sit at the table right next to me, they all shake hands.

Sure these kids have every right to be here, but should they be out getting in trouble and drinking underagedly?

I vote yes.